THE 'HANDS-ON' ED ORTHOPEDICS COURSE
May 4 & May 5, 2020
TORONTO Don Valley Hotel & Suites
2 - day CASTED: EMERGENCY – is the 'hands-on' ED orthopedics course specifically designed for ED physicians and staff.
CASTED courses are ruthlessly clincial. You will find the course is:
- 'High Yield'
- 'Practical' and
- 'Immediately Practice Changing'
CASTED: Emergency combines case-based lectures with extensive 'hands-on practice.' The focus is on clincally relevant information - what will help you better manage your patients!
By the end of the course, you will:
- have a much better approach to MSK injuries
- know how to diagnose commonly missed injuries
- have practices numerous reduction and immobilization techniques
- know if and when orthopedics needs to be involved
- .... and you will change your practice on your next shift
Focus is on cases that are:
- commonly missed
- and commonly mismanaged
The case-based lectures also help to understand ED orthopedic principles Knowing what questions to ask, what to look for on exam and how to order and interpret x-rays will help you on your next shift. You will develop better management plans for your patients.
CASTED: Emergency will give you a more complete handle on ED immobilization options, which injuries are operative, which fractures are low-risk, which need moulding, how quickly ortho needs to see in follow-up, etc.
By the end of the course, we want you to better understand ED ortho, not just memorize what to do. You are promised a course full of humour and numerous clinical pearls you will use on your next shift!
CASTED: Emergency The 2-day course will, as expected, have more cases and more time for 'hands-on' practice and demonstration.
Comments from registrants include:
- "Spectacularly practical course with multiple tips applicable to my daily practice starting tomorrow. Your course was one of the few I've ever taken that was chock full of practical, practice changing details. You've created a new gold standard for excellent CME."-Dr. Mike Betzner, MD, FRCPC
- "CASTED was more relevant to my training than all my months of ortho training combined." -Dr. David Ng, MD, CCFP(EM)
- "CASTED has restored my faith in CME." -Dr. Joshua Tepper, MD, CCFP
- "Great, practical points that are useable immediately on my next shift. Possibly the best CME course I have taken." Dr. Ryan Deedo, MD, FRCPC
CASTED is presented by Dr. Arun Sayal, an emergency physician who also runs a weekly Minor Fracture Clinic at North York General Hospital in Toronto. Since 2008, over 300 courses have been presented across Canada, as well in the US and UK. CASTED has won local and national medical education awards including the College of Family Physicians of Canada's ‘Continuing Professional Development Award’ for providing an 'exceptional learning experience’
This program meets the accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been accredited for up to 48 Mainpro+ credits. (3 credits/hour; 1-day course = 27; 2-day course = 48)
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1 – up to 16 hours) as defined by the Maintenance of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians